Admission Rates and Policies
At a Glance: Important Things to Consider When Moving to The Victorian at Riverside
1. A preadmission interview is required to determine eligibility for residency.
2. Residents must have a physical exam within 14 days of admission.
3. Residents must have a designated Power of Attorney. A copy must be provided to The Victorian at Riverside upon admission.
4. A $1000 deposit must be paid prior to admission. It will be held during the resident’s tenancy and will be refunded less any monies owed, or room damage deducted within 30 days of resident’s departure. Failure to move in after 15 days of a room being held with a deposit, will result in a $400 forfeiture of deposit monies.
5. The Victorian at Riverside reserves the right to inspect all incoming furniture and personal items. No wicker items may be brought into the facility. The Victorian at Riverside also reserves the right to limit the amount of personal property brought in and kept at the facility. We do not provide extra storage outside of the resident’s room.
6. The resident and/or her POA or other responsible party are obligated to ensure that monthly rent is paid on time. The Victorian at Riverside does not arrange for state assistance or help in securing Veteran’s benefits.
7. The Victorian at Riverside does not permit self-administration of injectables or other medications. Our nursing staff handles all medication administration. We do not accept residents using sliding scale insulin, however, pre-filled Lantus pens (or similar) are acceptable.
8. Residents must be continent of urine and stool. Use of Depends is acceptable.
9. Ladies may not keep a personal vehicle at the facility.
10. We do not permit electrical appliances in resident rooms such as hot rollers, curling irons, heat pads or electric blankets. A small dorm sized refrigerator is permitted but the resident family or POA are responsible for cleaning it regularly.
11. Newspaper delivery, telephone service, dry cleaning and beautician services are not included in the daily rate.
12. All VAR residents and resident candidates must have proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status to be at The Victorian at Riverside, including boosters as developed per policy, please check with VAR as to the latest requirements.
The Victorian at Riverside is a non-profit licensed Personal Care residence for ambulatory (walker or cane is fine) women age 50 and older. We strive to provide the highest level of care to our residents. We do not discriminate in our services regardless of race, color, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. The Victorian at Riverside follows all regulations established for Personal Care facilities.
The Victorian at Riverside offers care and limited supervision for women who are no longer capable of independent living but do not require full nursing services. Residents are encouraged to bring their own furnishings. Our monthly rate includes: 24 hour supervision and nursing staff, 3 chef prepared meals a day in our dining room, snacks, basic laundry, weekly housekeeping including linen change, assistance with bathing, medication administration, regular nursing assessment and a full activities program.
Admissions Rates and Policies
Affordable Monthly Rent!
The rate is $3150 per month (Limited State Assistance for those who qualify) includes a private room, 3 meals a day, basic laundry, housekeeping, activities, 24 hour nursing and delivering pharmacy.
Short term Respite Care available $125 per day (includes meals, laundry and housekeeping, activities and nursing)
Financial Assistance is available for individuals with limited resources through the Commonwealth of Kentucky (State Supplement). The Victorian at Riverside also offers sliding scale rent based on income.
Rent is calculated per day for those moving in after the first of the month.
A preadmission interview is required to determine eligibility for residency at The Victorian at Riverside. Based upon room availability and the applicant’s healthcare needs, accommodations may be offered. A deposit of $1000 is required to reserve a room. If an applicant fails to enter the facility within 15 days of being advised a room is available, $400 of the deposit will be forfeited. After that time a new deposit will be collected if the applicant is interested in securing a room.
All applicants must have a complete physical by a healthcare provider within 14 days prior to admission to The Victorian at Riverside.
All VAR residents and resident candidates must have proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status to be at The Victorian at Riverside, including boosters as developed per policy, please check with VAR as to the latest requirements.