SUPPORT/BUILDING OUR FUTURE
Our path moving forward…
The NEW Covington Ladies Home
Our 19th century Victorian is interwoven with the The Victorian at Riverside's history and our legacy; it will always stand. But today’s family expects modern amenities like private bathrooms, communal gathering areas, and safe outdoor spaces for their loved one. The Building Our Future campaign will establish a new one floor facility attached to our historic building that addresses the health needs, privacy, and dignity of today’s elderly women.
Our new state-of-the-art personal care home will provide a socially supportive environment for elderly women from all economic backgrounds. The new addition includes:
• Three residence wings on one level
• Two resident lounges for increased resident and community engagement;
• An enclosed courtyard allowing residents to enjoy the outdoors while ensuring their safety;
• An en-suite bath in each resident’s room;
• Expanded dining, lobby and vestibule areas for visitor comfort and accessibility;
• Increased capacity, providing rooms for 41 elderly women.
New Building Site Plan
- Resident Rooms with ensuite baths
- Expanded dining area
- Resident lounges
- Enclosed courtyard